The UAV-170 engine based on the Fiala PROP. company FM 170 B2 – FS power plant is a 4-stroke gasoline motor with volume 170 ccm designed for being integrated in UAV.
It is a 4-stroke propulsion system with OHV and 2 valves per cylinder. The engine is equipped with a microprocessor ignition for easy starting and smooth running in all modes of engine speed.
The power plant has been modified by UAVOS to improve performance :
- Air cooling and a two-nozzle fuel injection system have been made.
- A brushless generator-starter is installed on the engine.
UAVOS's injection system can be very precisely tuned with a lambda probe depending on the operating conditions.
- The engine is equipped with a fuel injection system
- 95-octane petrol + Valvoline 2T SynPower 30:1
- Maximum engine power: 9.3 HP (6.8 kW)
- Nominal engine power: 6.1 HP (4.5 kW)
- Fuel consumption: 320 g/kWh
- Forced air-cooling
- Equipped with starter-generator, 27V 3-phase AC motor. Generator power 500W up to 4800 rpm
- Total engine weight with ECU (engine control unit): 8.5 kg
- Maximum CHT operating temperature: 165 °C
Power to Torque relationship plot (OAT 15 °C, Atm.pressure 1013 mbar).
CHT to Throttle Position relationship plot at nominal RPM until overheating (OAT 15 °C, Atm.pressure 1013 mbar).